Thank you to everyone who joined us on Tuesday for our first meeting of the year. We had guests and members from the US, India, Bermuda, Istanbul, and, of course, all over London. One silver lining to Covid-19 and moving our meetings online is the freedom to visit exotic clubs and host exciting guests from all over the world.
Following the ongoing government guidelines restricting groups to a maximum of 6 people, plus a national lockdown until 4th December, we’ve decided to keep all meetings ONLINE until March 2021.
Here is our schedule for December to March:
- 15th Dec: Christmas Special
- 22nd Dec: Drinks and Table Topics
- 29th Dec: No meeting
- 5th Jan: Welcome to 2021!
- 12th Jan: Speedy Meeting
- 19th Jan: Icebreaker Night for New Members & Pathways
- (23rd Jan: COT Training – not hosted by LV)
- 26th Jan: Speedy Meeting
- 2nd Feb: Evaluations Night
- 9th Feb: Speedy Meeting
- 16th Feb: Club International Speech Contest
- 23rd Feb: Speedy Meeting or Friends & Family
- 2nd Mar: IN PERSON/HYBRID MEETING!!
- (5th Mar: Area International Speech Contest – not hosted by LV)
- 9th Mar: Open House at Grange Wellington Hotel
We look forward to welcoming you soon!
You can find information about our ONLINE meetings here
The UK Toastmasters club, Hamwic Speakers, is proud to present it’s first ever inter-club “Dragons Den” competition at 7pm on 01 December.
Three vibrant UK clubs will compete for the investment of £100K from three evil Dragons! The competitors are “LONDON VICTORIANS”, “BERKHAMSTED SPEAKERS”, and of course “HAMWIC SPEAKERS“.The Dragons have been supplied by Fras from “SALISBURY SPEAKERS”, and include greedy Dragons from “CHASESIDE” and “CASTERBRIDGE SPEAKERS”.
Everyone is welcome to attend this experimental Toastmasters session. For more information, please contact Hamwic Speakers via it website: https://www.southamptonspeakers.org.uk/
See you there!!!!!