COVID update – we are now meeting online every Tuesday, at 18h30. Guests are always welcome!
Zoom meeting link: https://zoom.us/j/580017929
London Victorians is a Toastmasters club based near Victoria station. People of all types and backgrounds join Toastmasters clubs to improve in these main areas of communication and leadership:
- Public speaking
- Eliminate social fears
- Communicate better at all levels
- Develop linguistic skills
- Learn to influence others better
By joining our Toastmaster Club in Victoria, you will receive a learning plan followed by more than 350,000 people around the world to improve public speaking, presentation, communication and leadership skills.
Joining the Toastmaster programme with our club near London Victoria and Pimlico stations, you’ll be able to:
- Give an inspiring speech or presentation in front of an audience
- Be confident when speaking to groups or people you don’t know
- Speak to other people clearly and confidently
- Structure the English language in the correct way
- Persuade people to gain more of what you want
London Victorians is an established Toastmaster club in Victoria. We have achieved the highest recognised status of Toastmaster Clubs around the world by being awarded ‘President’s Distinguished Club’ status, the best a Toastmaster Club can achieve.
We achieve this status by proving to Toastmasters International that our educational programme is allowing our members to grow their skills in public speaking and leadership by completing the various educational tracks issued by the international organisations. You can find more information on the Toastmasters Distinguished Club program here.
Who becomes a member at our club?
We have a mix of people join our Toastmasters club in London Victoria. All of us want to be the best we possibly can be in these skill areas and, despite the professional focus on personal development, we retain a fun and encouraging club environment in which to develop.
Every member of our Toastmaster Club in London gets registered with Toastmasters International, an organisation recognised as a world leader in public speaking, communication and leadership development skills. On joining, each of our members receives enrolment to the Toastmasters International Educational Program and then our club helps them develop their skills and achieve recognition from the larger organisation.
What’s the process to join?
Normally, non-members follow this 3-step process before becoming members:
- Enquire via our website contact page about the club and meetings; or just fill out our Guest form and come along to a meeting to see how it works
- Visit our Toastmasters Club another 1 or 2 times, and get the feeling that the club is the right environment for you
- Respond to the club membership team requesting to join
- Start planning speeches
- Attend meetings regularly as a member and take part as much as possible
- Plan, practice, re-assess. Then plan, practice and re-assess again
- Approach a mentor from the club membership if you want to develop faster
- Get involved in the clubs social events and even the running of the club
- Become a great presenter, communicator and leader
Whether you want to achieve this for your work or personal life, becoming a member will provide you with a structured, internationally recognised learning plan and supportive environment to become a highly competent communicator and leader.
There is a membership fee, as we are a club not an organisation. The fee pays for the club to operate the meetings which includes paying for the venue, acquiring equipment to help the meetings run smoothly and club subscriptions to Toastmasters International.
Each membership fee also includes personal registration with Toastmasters International so you can follow the internationally recognised educational programmes they provide, have access to their material and be involved in the wider Toastmaster community with all the opportunities that offers.
How long will it take before I’m a good speaker?
Joining a Toastmasters club is not a quick fix. Most of our members join for the long-term because this is a skill that must be developed and practiced regularly to be effective. We often have people join our Toastmasters Club near Victoria who previously went to a one day course and have forgotten everything.
Another tip for members is to visit as often as possible and learn from the speakers on the night. You can learn a lot from observing and evaluating other speeches with a view to incorporating techniques into your own speeches.
Please come along to one of our meetings soon to understand more about us, and what you can gain by becoming one of our members.
Join a meeting
Interested in visiting and seeing what it’s all about?
We welcome anyone to come along as a guest, any time! But if you have any queries before, please let us know.